2 T rice vinegar (unseasoned)
1 T water
2 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 t kosher salt
2 T vegetable oil
1 T ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 medium carrot, julienned
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 can water chestnuts, drained and julienned
1/2 cup, roasted, unsalted cashews
- Mix first 3 ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- Season chicken with salt and set aside
- Heat a wok or large heavy bottomed skillet over high heat until hot. Add oil and swirl to coat the sides.
- Add ginger, stirring until fragrant, about 10 seconds
- Add chicken and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add carrot and water chestnut and and stir-fry another 2 minutes or until chicken is just cooked and carrots are tender.
- Add hoisin mixture, green onions and toss gently until headed through.
- Remove from heat and stir in cashews.