1 egg white
1 teaspoon water
5 cups pecan halves
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, with an electric hand-held mixer on high speed, beat egg white and water until foamy.
- Stir pecans into egg white mixture until well coated.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt; sprinkle over pecans, stirring once again to coat thoroughly.
- Spread pecans in single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 225° F for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Leave on baking sheet until completely cooled.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Makes 5 cups.