2 T butter or vegetable oil
1 T vegetable oil
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 large onion, chopped into chunks
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 apples, unpeeled, chopped
1 red pepper, cut into large chunks
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 T. curry powder
1 t hot pepper flakes
4 T. flour
3 C chicken broth
plain yogurt to garnish
- In a large saucepan, saute chicken in oil until browned and cooked through
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, heat vegetable oil and saute celery, onion and garlic until soft.
- Add apples, pepper, chickpeas and spices and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle on flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice and garnish with a dollop of plain yogurt.