2 t fresh lime juice
1 box yellow cake mix
1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges
8 T unsalted butter, melted
1/4 C vegetable oil
1 can crushed pineapple, drained, juice reserved
2 C heavy cream
1 pkg. unflavored gelatin
1 C sweetened shredded coconut
- Puree mango and lime juice in blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Grease and flour two 9" round cake pans
- In large bowl beat cake mix, oranges, butter, oil and eggs; pour into prepared cake pans.
- Bake 27-32 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean
- Remove cakes from pans and cool on wire rack.
- While warm, poke holes in top with wooden skewer, brush with pineapple juice
- In medium bowl whip cream; stir in gelatin and pineapple
- Place one cake layer on platter; spread with cream mixture
- Top with second layer; frost sides and top
- Cover all with coconut
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before eating.
- Serve with mango sauce.