6 (or more if you like) chopped or pressed garlic cloves without green thread in the center
2 onions finely sliced
3 table spoons of olive oil or any other you prefer
2 teaspoons of mild paprika powder
Salt, pepper from the mill
½ litre of beef stock (tablet or liquid)
4 eggs (or 2 if you mix them in)
- Preheat oven at 200 C (medium high). Not if you mix the eggs into the soup.
- Cube the bread and fry in olive oil on high flame till nicely golden. Set aside.
- Fry with a little oil the garlic and onions on low heat till tender and glossy.
- Turn up heat till golden but not burnt.
- Add paprika, salt, pepper and the stock.
- Bring to boil and let it slowly simmer for 15-20minutes.
- Add the cubed bread. Either add two eggs to the boiling sopa and stir it in or pour the sopa into 4 preheated earthenware bowls and add an egg to each bowl.
- Put in oven till eggs are set.