1/4 t chili flakes
12 slices pancetta, cut into thin strips
1/2 C extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 C panko
500 g parpadelle or other ribbon pasta
1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
Parmesan for grating
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Bring large pot of slated water to a boil.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss cauliflower, chili flakes and pancetta with 1/4 cup oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, transfer to sheet pan and bake 15 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and panko, and continue to bake until cauliflower is tender and panko is golden.
- Cook pasta until al dente
- Strain and return pasta to pot, toss with parsley and remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide noodles in warmed pasta bowls, top with roasted cauliflower and garnish with grated Parmesan