1/2c quick-cook rolled oats
1 3/4c milk
1c all-purpose flour
3/4c whole-wheat flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
- Combine oats and milk, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, and vanilla into oat mixture with a whisk just until blended.
- Stir liquid mixture into flour mixture just until moistened (don't worry about lumps).
- Lightly grease a skillet and place on medium heat.
- Cook, using about 1/3 cup batter for each pancake, until bubbles form on the surface.
- Turn and brown other side.
- Makes 8 medium-sized pancakes.