1 C buttermilk
2 T unsalted butter, melted
1/2 C very rip banana, mashed
1 T sugar
1 C all-purpose flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
large pinch ground nutmeg
- Whisk together egg, buttermilk, butter, banana and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, sift together four, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Pour liquid ingredients and stir together with a fork or small whisk just to combine (lumps are OK)
- Cook the pancakes over medium-high heat in a greased pan until the batter starts to brown around the edges and little bubbles start to form over the surface of the batter.
- Flip and cook 1-2 minutes longer.