1 large onion, coarsely chopped
1 T minced garlic
2 (14-0z) cans whole peeled Italian tomatoes with juice
2 1/2 C chicken stock
3 T tomato paste
1/8 t ground nutmeg
1 C whole milk
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, tomato paste and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer uncovered until the flavours meld together (30-40 minutes)
- Puree the soup (in batches if necessary)
- Return to stock pot and add whole milk.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat.