1 C sugar
2 t baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Butter and flour (using gluten free flour) an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Mix filberts, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake until tester inserted into centre comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let cake cool, then cut into two even layers.
- Place one layer on cake plate. Spread with frosting. Place second layer on top. Spread top and sides of cake with frosting.