1 3/4 cup flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup walnuts
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Stir in sugar and nuts.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla and stir into flour mixture to form dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, press dough together.
- Divide in half and roll into logs the length of your baking pan.
- Place logs on baking pan and press down slightly.
- Bake for 30 minutes until well risen and firm.
- Cool logs in the pan. (I skipped this step and it worked out just fine)
- Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices with a sharp serrated knife.
- Place cut side down on paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until dry and crisp.